What is Beyond?
Setting up Beyond for your Discord server only takes a few minutes. Follow these simple steps to manage access and get valuable insights of your community and members.
To make the most out of Beyond, here is a list to make sure you are prepared before setting up Beyond.
- Your web3 wallet address → You will need this to sign in again to Beyond.
- General information about your community
- Email address for administrative communication
- Name of your community
- Community Logo
- You have the admin roll & access to the server you are connecting
- For token gating: a smart contract ID (ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-1155). This doesn’t need to be your own contract. You can test against any smart contract out there.
Creating a Beyond account
Create your personal Beyond account. This will be your profile when you Log In to the Beyond Dashboard. In the next step you will connect your community to your account.
Connecting a wallet
- Go to app.beyond.so/login and connect your wallet (this should be the wallet of the person that primarily manages the community)
- We are using a crypto wallet for easy sign-up and sign-in. If you don’t have a wallet yet. Get one here → Link
- Connect the wallet
- Sign the wallet message to verify that Beyond can access your wallet
Make it yours
- Fill your personal details app.beyond.so/onboarding
Creating a community
Every instance of a community on Beyond is connected to your/a Discord server. You can create multiple communities on Beyond, for testing or multiple projects.
- Create your community on app.beyond.so/onboarding
- Give it a name. Minimum 5 characters. You can change the name later.
- Upload a community logo (ideally 200px x 200px). This will be used in different places around the application. You can change it later.
- Provide the email address of the community admin for important notifications and updates regarding your community on Beyond. No spam, promise!
Connecting your Beyond community to a Discord server
- Click “Connect Discord” to open the connection dialog from Discord. Follow the steps on Discord site.
- You need to have admin rights to the community server to properly connect Discord and install the Beyond bot.
- After connecting Beyond to your Discord server make sure that the Beyond role is on top of all roles you want it to manage. → You might need to do this manually in your server
Finalizing the community setup
If everything works as planned you should get the following success dialog and you can go through to your community dashboard. You’re set up for taking the next steps, creating your gating rules and getting valuable community insights.
You can create multiple community instances later on by clicking on the community name in the bottom left corner of your sidebar and the button “Create new community”.
Gating the community
After you’ve created the community on Beyond and you connected it to your Discord server you can set up multiple gating rules to manage access to your community and customize the way your members will experience their interaction with Beyond.
→ please read Gating
Getting community insights
Understanding your community members is key to be able to improve your community-building work and steer the ship in the right direction. Learn how you can make the most out of Beyond’s community insights.
→ please check Insights
Inviting your team members
Using Beyond as a team is super easy. Just add
You didn’t find what you are looking for? → Ask in our community
On this page
- Getting started
- Creating a Beyond account
- Connecting a wallet
- Make it yours
- Creating a community
- Community information
- Connecting your Beyond community to a Discord server
- Finalizing the community setup
- What’s next?
- Gating the community
- Getting community insights
- Inviting your team members
- You didn’t find what you are looking for? → Ask in our community